Sunday, June 14, 2009

The unofficial official start to summer

My crazy younger brothers are in a duel on the water of our parent's cabin where I spent this past weekend. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh (as in a huge sigh, not screaming). I know it has been a while since I last had an entry, and again, there are things that happened, but I forget to write down. I forgot my computer this weekend, and don't use it a lot anyway, but I think I was going to write an entry about this past week.

I was a little nervous starting the week off because there wasn't a lot planned for the week. Then, things popped up. The fact that we had gotten through two weeks previously also made me think we could make it one last week.

Then I decided, based on the weather forecast that we would head to the cabin for the weekend. And with that, the summer truly kicked off. I could list off the insanely small things that could have made it just a little bit better, but I won't. It was a wonderful weekend, and not knowing how the kids would react to the fact that the water level in the lake is different than it has been the past 3 years, it was a good weekend to start our new routine and places to go.

We did discover that Gwen is not a fan of sand on her feet at all. I had thought it was just in her shoes, but even with bare feet, she was not a fan. I'm taking little steps to get her used to it, and when we were at the public beach, she eventually was walking in the wet sand, but still had to be carried across the dry sand. Then when we were at the other beach, she got some on her legs by sitting down, and she was not happy.

She did LOVE the little inflatable pool that we had out on the side deck. We made it like bathwater, and she wanted to stay in there for hours. It was like bathtime except she could splash all over the place and get in and out and no one cared.

I will say, I can't wait until the lake water is warmer, and the weather is warmer so that we don't have to wait to go swimming in the morning. Ah, but I did mention to my mom this weekend, that it was scary to me watching Trevor this weekend, because the times that we came up to Hatfield when I was younger, are the most memorable to me when Brian was Trevor's age now. So there are some big deja vu moments whenever Trevor is running around on the beach and in the park.

We'll be back in two weeks, and the water will be warmer, and hopefully the weather too. Now is the time that I wish the days would slow down. Especially the warm days. I'm really not even wanting to turn on the air. I like wearing shorts...I even get cold with those on in our house. We'll see what we can do this week.....

No comments: