Friday, November 16, 2007

I'm on a roll!

So....I have to gripe about something. And it's my blog so you have to read about it ;-)


I completely understand that at any "portrait studio", the photographer is completely hit-or-miss. You are lucky if you find a good one, and even luckier if you can find a way to get the same photographer each time you go to said "portrait studio". With Trevor, I got a really good photographer a few times at JCPenney. But I also tried Target a few times because I could use my rewards coupon, and it wasn't much different than anywhere else.


On Wednesday, I braved (with the help of my mom again) JCPenney mostly because they give you a good deal if you enroll in their portrait club that is for 2 years. With as many pictures as Gwen is going to have, it ends up being a good deal. Plus I have a framed photograph of Trevor that I plan on getting with Gwen when she is 6 months old.


Our appt was for 11am. I thought it was the first appt of the day, but I was wrong. They open at 10am. We survive the car ride with Miss Gwendolyn screaming most of the way there. I run to the nursing room to feed her before the appt. I guess at the time because I don't have a watch. I arrive almost exactly at 11am where Trevor and my mom are waiting. There is another appt in the photography studio with a girl 2 years old. There is another mom with her 4 year old boy looking at her photos. THANK GOODNESS they were showing Curious George the Movie on their TV because it kept Trevor's interest the entire time we were there. I was acknowledged when I arrived by filling out some paperwork, but otherwise that was it. Gwen was also asleep at this time. Another blessing. You could hear the mom in the studio begging her daughter to smile so they could get one good picture. She tried bringing her older daughter in to help. Didn't work. This went on for quite some time when I finally asked the cashier how much longer she was going to be. I was told that I would be next. (DUH)

Gwen woke up, had to be changed and I wanted to rush her right in there because I knew we only had a limited time before she would start wanting to eat again. So at 11:30 at the earliest, we were finally in the studio. And this photographer was HORRIBLE. I could not believe they even hired her. She had NO people skills whatsoever. And I could see a bit why the other mom was saying she wanted one smile out of her daughter. The photographer did nothing to make either of my kids smile. Luckily Gwen likes to smile at anything. But we didn't even get a good picture of her smiling. And Trevor's smiling pictures are his cheezy grin because unless you can get him to really laugh, it is very forced. So while he was at least happy, we didn't get a great smile of him either. But I picked out the pictures I liked, ordered enough for family, and plan on doing Christmas cards on my own, like I did last year.

Oh, and I did get to complain through an online survey so even if nothing gets done, at least I "said" my peace somewhere where someone might pay attention to it. I'll keep you updated with any other pictures soon....

No comments: