Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Observations about Gwendolyn

So she's almost 7 weeks old. I'm taking weekly pictures, (but haven't uploaded them all yet) and it is easy to see that she is not completely "newborn" anymore. Plus parts of her personality are coming out. Granted, it is still purely speculation at this point, but it is still fun to remember how Trevor was at her age, and how they are similar or different.

Most notably are their sleeping habits. Trevor rarely slept for more than 3 hours at a time. I looked back at his baby book milestones, and he first "slept through the night" at 2 1/2 months. Now by definition, this is slept for 6 hours straight. If I'm counting correctly, Gwen has already done this 5 times, and if she does wake up at night, it is only once. I'm in heaven.

Unfortunately, she does not sleep during the day. It makes for tough days. I can't get much done, and Trevor doesn't get a lot of attention. But that's not my point. In watching her through the day, she really has bits of her personality shining through. It is pretty cute. For example, while Trevor loved to lay by himself and kick up a storm, Gwen would rather look around, and hope to find someones face. If she finds a face, she would much rather talk up a storm. It is so cute. It even is funny to see that she has a certain noise she makes that really sounds like "hi". So you can say hi to her back and forth. Trevor was an early talker, but I wonder if Gwen will be able to beat him. She might not make those physical milestones as early as he did, but she is still a strong little girl. And I just love her smiles. Trevor used to smile at inanimate objects, like clocks and lights and things, but Gwen just wants to find your eyes, and smile right at them.

So anyway, we are battling colds here. Any healthy thoughts would be appreciated. I'll update with pictures as soon as I can.

No comments: