Saturday, November 24, 2007

Our Thanksgiving


Here are some pictures of our Thanksgiving meal. We sure did miss some of you (you know who you are) but I remember having to split Thanksgivings between families as well. Everything turned out nicely as far as I know. Good food, and there was enough football to go around. Next year Thanksgiving falls on Trevor's birthday, so it will be interesting to try to pull all that off.
A funny story for you, that doesn't have anything to do with Thanksgiving: Trevor received a big brother/birthday gift from my Aunt Alice. It was a rhyming/matching game. So I was putting some of the pieces out for him to match, but I didn't make sure that everything was out that he could match with. So I went looking for something that was supposed to rhyme with "grape". I found the piece - it was an "ape". Now the pieces have both a picture and the words. But seeing the ape, both my mom and I were wondering if he would know it was supposed to be the rhyme to grape. What my mom said was, "I think Trevor will think it is a M-O-N-K-E-Y". Without even seeing the ape piece, he said (because he was working on the star rhyme) "No, monkey doesn't rhyme with star." Oh boy, did he crack us up. I guess he knows how to spell a few words already.

No comments: