Monday, November 12, 2007

My Son is a GIANT

I remember going through a stage with Trevor when he was very young where I could tell how old an infant was by looking at them. Because you are a mom that spends practically every waking moment with them, you get to know little details like when they focus their eyes, can hold their head up, can look around at things, etc. So I would laugh when what I guessed to be a 3 month old was "born" on a TV show. It's like they would throw some slime on the baby and call it born. Uh no, a baby cannot focus its eyes like that.



Anyway, although I'm not doing that this time around, my view is still skewed to a newborn. I see Gwen and am holding her almost the entire waking moments of the day. She still isn't into a good schedule yet, although we are getting there.



But over the past few days, I have noticed how huge it seems like Trevor is getting. I know some of it is that my view is skewed to a little 10lb baby, but even comparatively, he just seems so huge. He is tall for his age, as can sort of be seen in his Halloween picture. He was quickly moved to the back of the picture for being tall. But last night when Russ was carrying Trevor downstairs after his bath, I noticed that Trevor only has to grow from the ground to Russ's knees before he is the same height. I'll have to measure Trevor again. Last appointment 6 months ago, he was 42-43" tall, so I'm sure he is even taller.



Then today, when my mom was over, she was playing the "This is the way the Lady rides" game with Gwen and Trevor felt left out. He wanted someone to play that game with him. This game involves sitting on the lap and bouncing around to a little song. Again, for a 10lb baby, no problem. But I volunteered my legs to let Trevor have a little fun as well. At that point, when he was sitting on my lap I was face to face with him. Having looked at Gwen for so long in that perspective, it made Trevor look like a giant compared to him. His head, his legs, even his smile looked just so crazy huge compared to what I look at on an hourly basis.

No comments: