Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I feel very behind...

Sorry about my lack of posts. There has been a lot going on, but not a lot that takes up a good sized post. So I will try to piece everything together and give you a few things to read.

Thursday we all went to the Twins' game. It was a day game and Gwen napped in the car on the way there, and then both kids were tuckered out by the end of the game. We actually left after the 8th inning as it looked like it might go into extra innings (and did - to have the twins loose). Both kids slept in the car on the way home. Trevor stayed in his seat a lot more than he did last time and we got to see a few foul balls fly by us.

Friday night we went to Amy's 16th birthday party. Gwen was able to do her tricks of walking everywhere and jabbering as if she was included in the conversation. Trevor was able to get outside to jump on the trampoline for a little while and enjoyed that.

Sunday Trevor got to try on a tux for the wedding he is going to be in in May. I did not get any pictures of him in it and it looked a little silly because the pants were WAYYYYY too long and not small enough around the waist. Plus he didn't have a tie. But we (and he) got a good idea of what it would be like. They won't measure him until closer to the date because he is probably going to grow another 2 inches by that time. (And I already have a tall beanpole on my hands) But the funny thing was, that once he had on the tux (which he called a dress) and knew that it was for a wedding, he wanted to dance the day away. And go show everyone out in the mall. We practically had to restrain him from leaving the store.

The ONLY downside I can see for him about this wedding is that he will probably be so excited and have such a good time with everything is that he won't make it much into the dance part of it. Which he would love. That's what happened a few weekends ago. And if there was a way that I could get him to sleep good the night before, and sleep late into the morning, that would probably help. But he seems to have my sleeping habits. He is a very light sleeper and if he is excited about something coming up the next day he doesn't sleep well and wants to be up EXTRA early. Whenever we sleep somewhere other than home, he is up at the latest 6:30 or so.

Anyway....it's all speculation at this point. We have a lot of time to figure things out.

But these past few nights have been interesting. Trevor is going through some sort of development and I don't know if it is because he is becoming more afraid of the thought of going to sleep and having a bad dream or what. But he is always trying to sneak into our bed at night (before he goes to sleep) and sleep in our bed. So I hear nothing and then go upstairs to find him sleeping in our bed. It's not that big of a deal. More annoying than anything. But then last night, he woke up at 2am and said he had to go to the bathroom. Then he was up for a good hour. And so was I. I know I startled awake when I heard him open his bedroom door at 2 but then I went back to sleep and then startled again when I heard the toilet flush. So I situated him back into his bed and then couldn't get to sleep myself. I heard Gwen making some happy noises at this point too. And I never really could get into a deep sleep again.

Anyway, sleep would do everyone a lot of good right now. Thank goodness for the nice weather. We can spend some of our time outside!

No comments: