Friday, September 12, 2008

We have a sleepwalker

And it wasn't the first time he did it. It was a while ago when he first started mastering the child proof doorknob. He walked into our bedroom and wanted to crawl into bed with us. It was about 1 o'clock and while I was disoriented, I led him back to his bedroom and tucked him in. He wasn't awake, I could tell by the lack of talking and how I practically had to drag him into his bed.

Last night, I went upstairs to bed at 10. Trevor was in bed before 9, and I didn't hear a peep from him. I checked on Gwen and then went to our room. I turned on the light, and in our bed, his clothes for the next day on the nightstand, was Trevor. He didn't even stir when the light flipped on. So I carried him back into bed and put his clothes back on the bookcase where they usually are.

He has had plenty of nights where he fully wakes up and cries out. He remembers those nights. But the ones where he walks around and doesn't talk, he is sleepwalking. I've done it a few times. Not regularly...and it might have something to do with lack of sleep. I don't think I've done it since I was at least in the apartment, and maybe living back with my parents. Not sure.

Anyway, I hope he gets back to napping for a few days...he needs the sleep. And I don't like worrying what he could be getting into in his sleep for goodness sake! I already have to keep my eye on him when he's awake!

No comments: