Thursday, December 25, 2008

Dear Hasbro

I would like to inform you that you need to make the requirement of your EZ Bake Oven needing a 100 watt light bulb AT LEAST as big as half of your package. I know you are wondering where you are going to put something of that nature, and I have a suggestion for you: Please remove the frilly looking girl and replace with the required but not included warning of the light bulb. My son, upon opening, thought it was a girl gift because of the picture. After discovering what it was, he was excited enough to want to start playing with the oven this morning! So we opened the box, looked at the instructions and discovered that we needed a 100 watt light bulb and NO OTHER. No high efficiency, fluorescent, or lower wattage bulb would work. After searching through our stock of light bulbs and running through our house thinking we must have some old bulb that hadn't been switched over to fluorescent yet, we were almost ready to check a nearby gas station or ask a family member if they might have one.

Thankfully, I remembered that our overhead garage bulb had just burned out this week, which I knew was not fluorescent, and I also knew we had at least one left that had not burned out. SUCCESS!!! We were finally able to play with the toy and make our first sugar cookie in it. We are very happy that you brought this fun toy back to life! It is a very fun and hunger satisfying thing to do! But really, do you think you could make the "not included" warning a bit bigger? Especially in this day and age.

Thank you!

**And for those of you that are wondering, no I'm not going to send this letter...just a little vent by me. It is a very cool gift. Thank you Santa! Plenty of more updates and fun things to come...

No comments: