Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day 7 - Last Park Day at Magic Kingdom

Magic Kingdom is our last hurrah. Kids have now acclimated to the hour time difference and are waking up ready to go before 7:00 EST. We had our breakfast of Cheerios, put on the sunscreen and made it to Magic Kingdom in time for their rope drop ceremony. It was the only show we made it to all week, and it was good to see once.

We went over to Dumbo, Peter Pan and It's a Small World first. I'm pretty sure that was the only time I've ever been on Peter Pan. It always has a long line and wait time. And after going on it, I have no idea why it has such a long wait time. It is cute, but nothing special in my opinion.

After those rides we moved over to Frontierland. Although I had brought up riding on Splash Mountain and Trevor had seen the youtube video, I seriously didn't think he was going to want to ride on it, and wasn't going to push him into it. But as soon as we were over there, he wanted to go on it. So I started talking about it again, and he stopped me when I started comparing it to the log ride at the Mall of America. He said that he didn't want to hear that. Uh ok.... We practically walked onto the ride, and saw the story of Briar Rabbit, Briar Fox, and Briar Bear. He asked at every tunnel if it was the big drop. And when I finally told him it was, he didn't seem scared at all. After it dropped us, he said he didn't like it, but then it finished up the story and he was fine again. We didn't get very wet because we were in the back of the log, but that was ok....it wasn't that warm out. When we got off the ride, he told me he liked the ride except for the big drop.

After Splash Mountain, he wanted to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. And he loved it. He wanted to go on it with me after dad. We got fastpasses and headed for an early lunch. After lunch dad and Gwen headed back over to tomorrowland and the Buzz Lightyear ride. By now, he wanted to ride on that ride again. We even went on the Tomorrowland Transit ride. I'm pretty sure we could have talked him into going on Space Mountain at this point. He knew what to expect and given that there are no big drops on the ride, I would have had him go on it, but I didn't want him to get too afraid of the dark again. So after my turn with him on the Buzz Lightyear ride (Gwen was sleeping at this point), we went to meet the real Buzz himself. We then went back to the hotel for a break. I took Gwen on a walk so poor sick Trevor could try to get a nap. When we went back to MK we had an early dinner at the Lady and the Tramp Italian restaurant. After that we headed over to Toontown for some souvenirs and for Trevor to ride Goofy's rollercoaster. When Russ and Trevor came back to meet up with us in the souvenir shop, Russ almost ran right into Jeff Gordon. (The Nascar driver) He tried to get Trevor to notice him, but I'm pretty sure when he said, "Trevor, there's Jeff Gordon" Trevor was looking for the number 24 car. So he missed him.

So after the final gifts, we went on the final rides. We went on the Pooh ride and then It's a Small World. We stopped and watched the parade, but Gwen wasn't interested and she started to melt down. So I took her back to the hotel. Russ and Trevor went on Peter Pan and saw the fireworks.

It was a jam packed day at the end of a jam packed week. There were only two things that could have made the week better. Trevor to not have gotten sick and the weather to have been warmer. Now, this is not to say that we didn't appreciate what we had. At least all Trevor had was a bad cold. And at least the temperature was only cold for a few days. It could have been much worse. Oh well. Tomorrow we go back to the real winter. See ya Mickey! Thanks for stoppin' by!

No comments: