Monday, February 16, 2009

Ok...getting caught up with daily activities

Well, to cut to the chase, everyone has gotten sicker since coming back home. I now have a LOT of sympathy for my kids when they have this hacking cough that I have. I feel so congested, and sometimes I can't even catch my breath after feeling like I cough up a lung. Gwen has a bad rattling sound when she breathes, but she hasn't had a fever, or had any wheezing sounds. So hopefully she is on her worst day of the cold. I have been pumping her room full of humidity for both naps and night times and she has been sleeping very well. Long naps and all night finally. She had been waking up early while adjusting to CST.

I was informed that one of the kids at preschool had pneumonia although I don't know when he had it. I wonder if Trevor caught that bug on top of the one he had in Florida, because it's been a week and a half since the first cold in Florida and he still has his cough. I brought him in to urgent care on Friday and he checked out fine. Again, no fever, and yes some congestion, but nothing to worry about.

On a different note, along with Gwen trying to have conversations with us, and learning lots of new words, songs, and fun stuff, she has also shown how independent she wants to be already. I let her feed herself with a spoon for breakfast, and if I have yogurt for lunch, she has to feed herself that as well. She is very good, not as messy as I would have thought, but I'm guessing she just has the practice that helps develop that feeding skill. She also loves to wear everyone's shoes and boots. Her favorite would be Trevor's boots because they don't fall off like ours do, and she will walk around in them until she gets bored with them. The other thing, is that she is very interested in "potty" stuff. We brought up a toddler potty chair because a friend had to use it, and immediately Gwen was all over it. Talking about going potty, sitting on it, just loving it. She has always loved it when anyone was in it....I'm hoping this leads to her wanting to be potty trained on her own. That would be awesome. We've got another year before I'm even going to try, but wow. Just a girl that is way older than her year....

No comments: