Thursday, February 19, 2009

I forgot to mention Trevor in all this

I'm not sure if he is well rested, understanding more about listening, or luckily in a good mood. He has been really fun to be around lately. The past few days, I would have normally been itching to get out of the house. I'm sure part of the reason why I don't feel that way is because we just got back from our trip. And part of it is that I don't wan to expose anyone to more germs after the colds we all went through. Regardless, we have been at home the last few days except for grocery shopping on Monday.

And for some reason, Trevor has just been relaxed, listening well, and an all around good kid. There have been times where he plays with Gwen on making music, and it has been nice because the Nascar cars have been returned to their track due to Nascar season starting again.

On that note, anyone know how to explain to a 5 year old that the name for a driver he made up does not exist? In Nascar, from year to year, drivers can and do switch owners, sponsors, and car numbers. This leads to more cars being purchased to be up to date in order to reenact the races on TV. Two years ago Dale Earnheardt Jr. was driving the red Budwiser #8 car. Two years ago, Trevor called that driver Nick Jr. I'm pretty sure because there was no way he could pronounce the name and we watched the TV station Nick Jr for some of the tv shows he liked. Last year "Daleheart Jr." became the driver of the #88 cars, Mark Martin drove the #8 car but it was not red since another driver had that sponsorship. But he still thought that Nick Jr. drove the red #8 car. So this year, when some of the drivers again switched cars, numbers and the like, he got it. But then he remembered about the red #8. He has been asking where the driver Nick Jr. went. I don't know how to get across to him what actually happened.

Oh well...at least he is able to enjoy the races again. We've also gotten out the Marble Madness and he is racing those around for a good part of the day as well. That plus playing with stuffed animals, reading books....he has in general been a fun guy to be around. I'll be taking advantage of it as much as possible.

While Trevor has almost completely gotten rid of his cold, Gwen is almost there as well, I got hit with it really bad the past two days. Two nights ago, I thought I w0uld try to get as much sleep as I could and took Nyquil. The first time in many years. I think it was before Trevor was born. And unless I know I'm going to get the rest of the day to sleep, it better be another 5 years before I take any more of the stuff. I took the dose (not even a full adult dose) at 10pm. Trevor woke up in the middle of the night, I think because of a bad dream...and I wasn't sure I was going to get back to sleep. I don't know if I did, to a deep sleep anyway. Gwen was up around 6:30, and I was in a fog for the rest of the morning, until probably 11am or so. It was not fun. Even after the nyquil wore off, it wasn't much better. I tried to take a nap with the kids, but I only rested for about a half hour.

I feel better today, but still a little groggy. This cold was a doozy. Hopefully this is the worst of the cold season for us.

No comments: