Friday, October 9, 2009

Almost a week later

Since the birthday party. Gwen will rotate everything she got as gifts through her cycle of toys she plays with on a daily basis. However, I still haven't gotten the purple tu-tu or Cinderella Dress on her yet. She loves the shoes, and wears those throughout the day. Thank goodness she is still ok with her pink sparkly "real" shoes to go out in. Now that the temperature has dropped, it has made taking the play shoes outside very difficult. The card also gets opened at least 4-5 times a day as well.

Trevor and I went to see the Toy Story 1 and 2 in 3D last Sunday. It was cool to see a preview of the Toy Story 3 movie, but it wasn't as 3D as I thought it would be. Most of the movie wasn't even that "blurry" if you took off the glasses. I think the best part in all of them was the snowing scene at the end of the first movie, as you heard a lot of kids, including Trevor, remark or try to grab the snowflakes. I didn't see it as Trevor had lost his glasses through his chair and was using mine. Then, at the end of the 2nd movie, they had the "bloopers" reel, and Trevor enjoyed that as well. He hasn't seen the 2nd movie for a good while, so his sense of humor has grown so much that he thinks the physical humor is pretty funny.

We all (with the exception of Russ) have caught a little cold. It's amazing how horrible you can feel not just because of a cold but a cold with the fact that it is near the freezing mark. I REALLY don't want to have to start wearing my sweatshirts because I know it's going to be a LONG 6 months of wearing them.

Gwen has been talking up a storm to whomever will listen to her. I had her answer the phone when Russ called one night, and even he was surprised at how much she really had a conversation with him. I'm guessing that she doesn't quite understand what she is talking about, but she sure makes it sound like she does. "Hi Dadda. How are you doing today? I'm fine. I'm watching Sid the Science Kid. He's talking about sneezing. I went to go play today. I got stamps....see???" Unfortunately, she doesn't let me near her when she has the phone because she thinks I'm going to take it away from her so I often can't hear what she is saying. Mostly though, if the person on the other end says good-bye, or can I talk to mom, she will politely give me the phone....and then expect to talk to them again in 2 minutes or sooner.

I got Gwen's 2 year pictures done. Trevor's Kindergarten pictures came home from school this week. Holy cow do I have old kids. They both look so OLD. Trevor like he's at least 10, and Gwen looks like she is the Kindergartner. I have to scan in Trevor's picture, but Gwen's are up on facebook. She did really well. I highly recommend that if you go to JCP, to go before they open. Now they have a way to book your own appt online. I also picked a time where no one was before me or after me. It was so much less stressful. We were in and out in under 30 minutes. And I love the picture I got.

Next week Trevor only has school for two days. We are hoping to fill the week with a pumpkin patch, and a playdate. We'll see what next week brings!

No comments: