Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A little behind

I'm a little late in blogging lately. I'm happy to say that we made it through the first extended school break of the year. As I've posted, the wonderful playdate made me really look forward to future breaks! Then, on Friday evening, Trevor lost his first tooth. He was afraid at first, but every day, he seems to have gotten more and more brave because of it. Or at least that is what he claims his bravery comes from. The questions about what his tooth is "saying" haven't stopped, but I'll take the questions over the fear feelings any day.

Gwen had her two year well-check at the doctor on Monday. We had a nurse that we haven't had before. I don't know if she was a substitute one or not, but she really did not seem to have a way with kids. She basically had me try to do everything that I could to help her with Gwen. Gwen has already stepped on a scale at urgent care, no problem. But when the nurse asked her to use this scale, she didn't want to. One of the other pediatricians told the nurse to try another scale. She also had me try to convince her to measure her head.

The conversations with her doctor and his check of her went fine. She is about the 75% for height and weight, but again, not something I would depend on based on how we got her measurements. According to them, she is less than an inch shorter than Trevor was at 2 years. The doctor asked me about Trevor losing his tooth, and if he was not scared about it. It was like he either knew exactly how he was going to feel, or his kids do the same thing.

Trevor and I played battleship yesterday. He has no problems with that game. I looked on the box, we have a few games including that one that are for ages 7 and up. I had to sit and think that he really isn't that much younger than 7. He's going to be turning 6 in a few weeks. For some reason, I'm stuck into thinking that he's still around 4 or something. I am excited that he's really getting how to play these games. Now we can really start playing games. And in a few more years Gwen can join us! How fun!

No comments: