Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day one of influenza-like sickness

While the day is not over, enough has happened so as to report what has been going on.

I got to bed at a decent hour, however, Gwen had a bout of insomnia from 3:30-4:30 where she read her musical books to herself. I'm just glad she wasn't upset. Then a little before 5, Russ was up needing more tylenol before going back to bed.

Trevor woke up with a fever this morning, around 8am. I gave him some tylenol. He was hungry enough to have breakfast, so that was a good thing. Gwen slept until almost 9am, but I think that was due to her lack of continuous sleep last night.

Trevor started to perk up about an hour or so after he was medicated. I've noticed this for all the other times he has needed fever reducing medication.

Russ has been up one time, again for more Tylenol, but not to eat much. He slept 16 hours or so last night.

Gwen and I seem to feel fine. She has a cold but no fever, and no energy issues. It was a gorgeously sunny day today, so while I thought I could take her outside while Trevor and Russ were inside resting, as soon as Trevor heard we were going outside, he had to come too. And he even went on a walk around the blocks with us. He was a little slower than normal, but that just made less of a gap between him and Gwen and I.

Both kids are sleeping now.

I did get a message back from the doctor. They are not testing for h1n1, however they still recommend getting a vaccine for it due to a lot of flu-like sicknesses being very hard to differentiate.

If I had to guess, I would bet that Trevor will still be able to go trick-or-treating on Saturday night, but he won't be in school the rest of this week. Hopefully Gwen will avoid the illness, so that this won't drag out longer than it has to. If the weather stays sunny and warmer, it will make the days slightly more tolerable.

Thank you to everyone for all the well wishes. We are all doing as well as can be expected. Hopefully I don't go stir crazy by the end of the week.

No comments: