Thursday, October 15, 2009

Finally getting into the groove

And then winter shows up. Summer? Never happened. Fall? Oh didn't you see it? Or did you blink? This weather is absolutely horrible for my spirit. I HATE winter. I HATE being cold. A few days in the past week, I have just laid down in the sunlight that came in through the windows. Trying to feel warm and get my additional Vitamin D. Didn't work.

Ok...vent over. Gwen caught the cold I had last week that really drained me. I thought I caught a cold from one of the kids, but neither of them had it as bad as I did. And now Gwen has it. Just in time for her well-visit. Hopefully, she'll be on the up slope from it though. Two things I have been meaning to write down about her.... 1) She is very confident in her thoughts, and if you try to tell her otherwise, she will stand up and say, NO...that's an elephant mama! (When I try to say, "That's Dumbo sweetie...") She says it with such seriousness and force it is hilarious. Hopefully, someday she will learn how to learn from other people. 2) This is the second week in a row at "school" where the teacher has said that if one of the kids is crying after she has settled down, she goes over to the kid and says, "It's ok Dylan. Mom will be right back." And tries to give him a hug, or share a toy, or something similar. I have found that leaving her is much easier if I hand her off to a female adult, or at least older teenager. She has no problem going to a stranger, but me putting her down....she hates it.

School is going well for me....hopefully it will continue to take less and less time to read, study, and write papers. It has taken me a little while to remember how to do everything.

I have noticed a huge improvement in Trevor and his anxiousness. I won't know for sure until teacher conferences in a few weeks, but from what I pick up from Trevor, he seems to be still testing his teacher's limits, but is very aware of what he can expect if he doesn't do what is required. The one thing that is going on right now is his tooth. He had a very fun and exciting day today, and asked to go up for a nap early. But came downstairs when he almost lost his tooth. I saw that it was bleeding (no way did I tell him this) but that it was still holding on by a little bit. So after I reassured him 20 times or so that he will not actually LOSE it, either by swallowing, or in the carpet, or even in the toilet (don't ask me where that came from) I think he's calmed down enough to take his nap.

I cannot believe it is only the middle of October. With this weather and how long it seems since he started school, it feels like we should be in December. Just fast forward to March please! I am already sick of looking at snow falling outside.

No comments: