Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day 2

Well, it has past the 48 hour mark of Trevor's first fever. Trevor had a rough night of sleeping last night, as he always does when he gets sick. I remember sleeping in the same bed as him when we were in Disney and how fitful his sleep was. I am a light sleeper, so it is only on trips that I sleep with him. I still have a monitor in his room, but he still needs to make a lot of noise for me to be woken up. Or to simply open his door, I'm usually awake.

The first night, he didn't get any additional tylenol/motrin, but did when he was up for the morning. Last night, he got more tylenol around 5am. Tonight, we are hoping for an improvement. He is also not able to go to school tomorrow, because he still had a temperature when he got his medicine before going to bed tonight. I think it would be better for everyone if he didn't go to school on Friday either. Regardless of if his temperature is gone or not. He is coughing a lot, which is a sign of H1N1, so I'm sure he'd be able to infect other kids nearby if I did send him.

His appetite has drastically been reduced, but at least he's still eating. He's not drinking as much water as I'd want him to, but he's also not dehydrated. And that's as best as I can do. He has a lot less energy than he did yesterday, but I think we've hit the worst of it. I'm guessing he'll be fine for Halloween. Not back to normal, but well enough to go to some houses.

Russ has almost completely recovered. Hopefully he can get a good night's sleep tonight and be good to go for the rest of his week.

Gwen and I are still symptom-free. I'm guessing the reason she didn't get it is because she doesn't really touch a lot of the same things as he does. I've been good about watching the things she grabs, and she doesn't play with most of the things Trevor does. And we've been pretty good about sanitizing everything that Trevor has been playing with.

So we'll see where tomorrow takes us. We aren't really doing much of anything, so when we finally are able to get out of the house, I'm sure it will be a welcome relief. Until then.....

No comments: