Monday, September 24, 2007

Last day of being "early"

And no sign that anything is going to happen today. I guess I should feel happy that I haven't a lot of false labor thoughts. Like I haven't already been to the hospital 3 times only to be sent back home. It probably will happen quickly and I'll know right away. But it doesn't help that it hasn't happened yet.

So today is the last "early" day I can have the baby. After this date, I'm either having it on the due date (tomorrow) or I'll go LATE.......aarrrgghhh. I'm curious to see how the midwives will handle me on Wednesday for my appointment. Will they be sympathetic because they too didn't think I would make it this far? Will they be accepting like I am that this baby will come on his/her own time? I do have to start taking what are called Non-stress tests where they monitor the baby for I think 20 minutes or so? Making sure it moves appropriately, there is enough amniotic fluid remaining, and a few other things I'm not sure about. I may even have to schedule another appointment before a week.

Interesting stuff.....I'll let you know how it all goes. In the mean time, Trevor has been taking everything in stride. Russ has been helping me out with any miscellaneous projects around the house, and Trevor loves to be daddy's little helper.

This week, Trevor gets to go to the Children's Theater with "Bubba" on Sunday. I'm excited to hear how he will like that. I haven't taken him to a movie since Cars came out a year and a half ago. But the Children's Theater shows are less than an hour I believe.

And THEN.....here comes SEASON PREMIERE week. Russ is getting up to speed on Heroes, which we will keep as taped until he sees all of last season. At least I can watch a few other shows in the mean time...so I should be kept plenty busy. Then when the baby is here, I'll fall WAY behind. Hopefully the DVR can hold enough that I can just keep them for when I do have some time.

So that's what's been on my mind for today. Keep those labor vibes coming, for any of you that want to meet the baby soon. ;-)

No comments: