Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Well, we made it this far.....

Yep, today is D-day. And another day where nothing is going on. After hearing at my last appointment that they will not let me go to 42 weeks, I think the thing that has been keeping me sane is knowing that I only have 13 more days AT MOST left of this pregnancy. It has kept me in a better mood knowing that I do have an end date through all of this. I think it has lowered my stress, pain, and insomnia. Now what's interesting to me is everyone around me and people that know I'm now past my due date. I have been getting a lot of sympathy comments. Which are kind of odd. There isn't anything I can do about it. It's one of those things that doesn't help to dwell on it, as I've found out. I probably could have avoided a lot of stress if I had just accepted the fact that this baby is not going to be here early like Trevor was.

Of course I could get surprised at my midwife appointment tomorrow. They start monitoring baby movement, measure for enough amniotic fluid, and I'm sure run a few standard tests. I guess there is a chance that things don't measure where they should, so they might have to induce, but I'm guessing that's just false hope on my part. I'm STILL not swelling except for the last few hours in the day. My blood pressure has remained within a few numbers of how I always am. And I'm actually still sleeping ok...once I relaxed and stopped worrying about when the baby would be here. I do, however, feel bad that a lot of the extended family are starting to have to go on a few trips for work and sports.....and I would feel bad if I had the baby at that time. But again, I don't think I can help it.....hopefully they will forgive him/her when they meet it.

I'll be back another day with the midwife appointment update. Wish us luck in these last few days!!!

No comments: