Thursday, September 27, 2007

Wii are Family

I have always been a girl that loves to play Nintendo games as well as games on the computer. I don't even know that I've ever even played a single game on a Sega system or an Xbox. I'm just a loyal fan of Nintendo. Thank goodness that I married a guy that feels similar in their choice of gaming systems.

Trevor is also fast becoming one of us with the Wii, a few computer games, and the Leapster. I bought the Leapster as a distraction toy for when we were traveling last January to Boston and then to Mexico. I had heard that "new" toys really keep them occupied for a good while. I was thinking about hiding the Leapster and only bringing it out for car trips and such, but then I thought that as long as I monitored how much he played the games, it would be ok. Lately, all three games have clicked for him. Part of it has to do with his dexterity, and some of it is trial and error. I'm really happy to see that one of his Leapster games has him actually writing numbers and letters, and I can hear that he is learning how to draw them very appropriately.

As far as the Wii goes....he REALLY gets into it, and gets a wonderful work out. This is a VERY big plus for me as I'm very much a blob and while I can walk around, running, jumping, and chasing are not a possibility at this time. So yesterday, Trevor got a nice workout and finally figured out how to bowl. Plus he is really good at it. He loves to beat the records, and is really working on his hardest sport: tennis. I can play with him or watch. He doesn't care.

And now that we just bought two additional remotes, all 3 of us can play along. Golfing is pretty fun. I'm pretty sure we are less than a year away where Trevor will be beating both of us at these games. He just takes to it so well. Must be in his genes.

Unfortunately, I don't have anything new to report on the new baby front. The tests I thought they would run are for next week. But it's not like they would help me go into labor. So here I sit, waiting another week for an appointment. I'll be sure to post if anything changes.....

No comments: