Sunday, October 21, 2007

Bill Bixby, meet Alexander

For those of you that don't know, when I was young....maybe even Trevor's age....I had an imaginary friend named Bill Bixby. How I came up with Bill Bixby, I have no idea. I did watch The Incredible Hulk, but Bill Bixby was the actor's name. He played Dr. David Banner. Ahhhhhh....good memories. Anyway, he was my imaginary friend.

Last night I learned that Trevor has an imaginary friend, who I assume evolved from his Children's Theater experience "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad, Day. I didn't pick up on it for a while...obviously. Since it has been 3 weeks since he saw the show. And Trevor also likes to play games where he pretends he is a character. Buzz Lightyear, Zelda, etc.... But last night, I was talking to him about playing football, and he was saying Alexander was playing with him. I clarified by asking if he WAS Alexander, and Trevor said, "No, he is right here." Pointing to next to him. And now I'm remembering back to the times he does mention Alexander, and it is when he is playing with him.

Although I think it is pretty cute, I do feel a little guilty. I'm guessing part of this "friend" is due to the fact that Gwen is here and takes up so much of my time. Trevor has to have someone to play with. Granted, I will take that over an angry expression of his feelings.

And on a Gwendolyn update note: She has always been a smiley girl, right away since birth. She was smiling in her sleep. But this weekend, she has been smiling with her eyes open, and I even think she might have smiled at me. Boy does that make those tired days worth it.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Awww, gotta love those gummy smiles! Don't worry about Alexander....before you know it, Trevor and Gwen will be playing together! And once she starts napping regularly, you'll have plenty of time for mommy and Trevor time. You're doing a great job!

Erika said...

Aww, I wanna see a Gwen smile!

That's funny you had a circa 1970's imaginary friend too - my imaginary friend was Mork. And guess what, it was right after my sister was born too. So I'd guess it's pretty normal, huh? Shazbot!