Wednesday, October 31, 2007

What are we going to do when Nascar is finished?

Do you know who this is?

Do you know that my son knows exactly who this is without anyone telling him? Now, I have to admit, that I could have picked out Jeff Gordon out of a crowd, but not this guy. I still probably wouldn't be able to. Along with most of the other drivers. But Trevor has learned a lot this season. We are going to be really sad (and don't know how he's going to make it being told that Nascar isn't on for a few months) although we do have a few races on our DVR that we can watch until he memorizes them.

So today is Halloween. I had thought that he would like to be a Nascar driver. But no, we are going to be Lightning McQueen (as pictured in the preschool Halloween party). Although I will say that Lightning McQueen has turned into a Nascar a few times around the house.

As seen in this picture, he also loves to play Nascar in the backyard. My mom is the announcer. Alexander is the other driver on the track. He has developed such an imagination around Nascar, I hope it continues. Although the outdoor part of it is going to have to be put on hold for a while. He does drive around the kitchen table as a Nascar though, so it can still be fun if the weather isn't all that nice out.

So that's it from Motor Speedway. Oh, and if you care...the picture is Jimmy Johnson.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great posting...I LOVED the photo of Jimmy Johnson and the quiz...isn't it amazing how great his imagination is??? He's a terrific boy, although I am a bit prejudiced. Saw a couple of older kids taking care of their little sisters during Trick or Treat last night...that will be Trevor and Gwen. Love ya, Mom

Tami said...

That is Bob's favorite racer too! He even has his jacket.