Friday, October 26, 2007

A Halloween Party and Memories of Halloweens Past


How much fun does this look? This is Trevor's preschool class Costume Party. All the kids got to show off their costume and answer questions about who they were. I'm pretty sure like 90% of the parents were there snapping pictures. Both parents. I'll be sure to update you all on future pumpkin carving activities and the Trick-or-Treating event.

Now, one of my blogging friends was reading and remembering about her past Halloweens and it got me to thinking how many of mine I remember, and what was I each Halloween? I discovered I'm not all that great at the memories.

Here are the costumes I remember: Clown, Witch with a green face and black warts, Punky Brewster, Punk (spray painted hair), 50's girl, and a can of Coke. Hmmm...I think there were a few more in there, but I cannot remember them. Sidenote: I just asked Russ if he could remember his, and he said that the only one he remembered was in 1987 when the Twins won the world series, he went as a Twins player.

So....I'm happy to replace these memories with ones of my kids. With Gwen being born so close to Halloween this year, I knew I wasn't going to be able to make a costume for Trevor. But I do remember ones of the past. I think it helps to make them. He has been Tigger, a Panda bear, and Zelda (using a Peter Pan pattern).

I'll be back later to update with progress on other Halloween activities.

2 comments:

Erika said...

I think a lot of girls went as punks in the 1980's - gave us an excuse to try out make up and wear WAY too much. :) We will have to compare photos!

I'm sure Trev was thrilled to be his hero this year!

Christine said...

Wow- that does look fun! They're so cute and I love the look on Trevor's face!