Thursday, October 18, 2007

A little boy's simple pleasure

I don't know if I've mentioned Trevor's love of cleaning. If not, it's that simple. I'm not a HUGE cleaner, although I do have to do weekly maintenance of dishes, vacuuming, picking up, etc. I think we bought Trevor a vacuum that looked just like ours when he turned 1 year old. Since that time, he STILL gets it out and vacuums with me to help out. He even brings it upstairs if I'm vacuuming up there. He loves to wipe things down....either a sponge or wipe of some sort. If someone is cleaning the kitchen counter tops, he is over on his kitchen wiping his down.

I would not say that cleaning is his FAVORITE activity. Although it was very interesting today to see how high it did rank. What's even more interesting is that he definitely does not qualify as a "Danny Tanner" cleaner because he sure doesn't pick up after himself unless asked, he knows when there is a mess around.

A few days ago, Trevor pulled a bunch of feather-like things out of a book and they got all over his carpet. Cleaning his room is about mid-way down on my priority list. Plus, I was not to vacuum for 2 weeks after having a baby. But today, my mom graciously offered to come over and help clean/organize the house a little bit. (THANK YOU MOM!!!) Today was also the day that Grandma and Aunt Amy came over to take Trevor to an indoor play park. Before they left, Trevor asked what my mom was going to do while she was here. She explained that she was going to help clean the house. She also mentioned that she was going to clean his room.

Unfortunately, we ran out of time to clean his room, so when he got back and had to go upstairs to his room for his nap, he thought his room was going to be clean. He quickly noticed it wasn't and asked about it. He almost seemed sad. Like he was looking forward to having a clean room. I'm very curious to see how this trait progresses as he gets older. Maybe he'll convince his sister that cleaning isn't so bad. I can only assume I won't be blessed with two clean-crazy kids. But I guess we will see.

As for an update with Gwen....things are going well. She is still in the eat, sleep, repeat cycle. About every other day we get a good night's sleep. Right now that is a big win for us!

No comments: