Monday, December 17, 2007

Happy Holiday Weekend

Ahhh....As we approach Christmas, the days seem to fly by. We had a great weekend here, although being sick wasn't the best thing for us. Hopefully everyone will be on the mend to be better by Christmas. On Saturday, I was able to get just a little bit of cleaning done, and MAN does that feel good. Weird since I don't actually enjoy cleaning, but having a clean area/house sure does feel better than having a messy one!

I also figured out the last Christmas present that I am responsible for. Now onto the wrapping! That also is a big load off my chest!

And finally, yesterday we were able to get out to my parents house. I timed it so Gwen was asleep on the way there, and we tried to do the same for on the way back, but she wasn't sleeping well that day, so she was up and upset for most of the ride back. I am so proud of Trevor for holding it together in the car. He does still plug his ears if it gets too loud, but for most of it, he simply sits and understands that that is what she does in the car.

But being at my parents house was a fun outing for him. Both of the uncles were there, and they all got to play football. Man was THAT a blast from the past. How many days and nights was I there watching them tackle and wrestle with each other? Add to it the fact that my dad pulled out all of the old toys from the closet in the basement, and we had a draft party for any toys that we want. Again, what a blast from the past. I was able to score the speak-n-spell and speak-n-math, a torpedo-like gun for a super nintendo system, some marble maze games, a horse on a stick that Trevor was playing with, a Disney puzzle...of course they all came home in a huge box, and I still have to go through all the toys in the family area before Christmas to make room for the toys to come on Christmas. YIKES.

Anyway, it was a fun weekend, and Thank You to all family members that made it happen. Now, this week we have the fun and interesting preschool Christmas program tomorrow and then under a week before Christmas! Whoo hoo!

No comments: