Friday, December 7, 2007

I love that we have a schedule...

I knew things would get easier. I knew that Gwendolyn would fall into a schedule of sleeping during the day. I knew that I would get some time to myself, even if it was to do the dishes or make a meal or something. And while I know it isn't something I can count on every day, I really feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Today (so far) has been a wonderful day. We went back to "music class" for the first time since I had Gwen. I allowed myself like 45 minutes to get ready. I could have used an extra 5 minutes or so, but I made it to class on time. Yes, Gwen was screaming from the car ride. And I felt a little silly bouncing her around when she was upset. But I was able to see my beautifully pregnant friend, and Trevor was able to get out of the house, and play for a good 45 minutes.

I'm already thinking about next week, and getting out to the Mall for our Santa pictures on Monday morning. So now, with preschool Tuesday and Thursday, music class on Friday, and "Bubba" time on Wednesday, we have a pretty full week.

But even with all this stuff that is scheduled, and all the car rides that go along with it, I'm not worried. Both Trevor and I have learned to tune her out. And we know that it is just for a short time. She is very easily consoled once she is out of the carseat. I'm also trying to use a sling a little bit around the house so I can carry her in that when we are out of the house. Because for now, the carseat/stroller is not an option. I figure it's still going to be a little while before we can run errands that require longer than a few minutes, but I am seeing improvement in Gwen's ability to tolerate sitting entertaining herself.

And along with that, Gwen is also really falling into that category that needs to be sleeping before 2 hours from her last wake-up. Again, a few weeks ago, she wasn't even able to sleep for more than 15 minutes during the day at a time. Now, when she does go down, she is usually down for a half hour, and is starting to take a longer nap between 3-5pm.

I only need to get a few more Christmas gifts, and that will be done for me. I have a few more cleaning/organizing projects that I want to get done preferably sooner rather than later, but they can wait. Anyway....I have to write times like this down so I don't think that all it ever is is hard. There are bright points, and I think I'm in one right now. YAY for us!

No comments: