Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Sometimes you can't get a break

For the second time in a month's time, Trevor is sick. Yes, it is just a cold but while we have a wonderful sleeping newborn, Trevor cannot make it through the night. Poor guy. I actually took him to the doctor yesterday because I knew he had pink eye, but not sure if it was the viral or bacterial kind. They checked his ears, and one was already showing signs of being infected. But because he wasn't complaining about it, they wouldn't do the antibiotics yet. We did have to get eye drops to be on the safe side of his pink eye, but boy is that not fun to administer.

So today we go in for Gwen's 2 month appointment. Trevor was supposed to be at preschool, but with his pink eye, I'm not bringing him in. Hopefully by Thursday he'll be better. And while Gwen has been sleeping great, I worry that the shots are going to throw her into a bad schedule. But I guess I should just be happy for the days that are good.

We are working on getting Christmas decorated here. We have our tree up, but no decorations. If Gwen is able to stay asleep for any time, or at least satisfied, we will be decorating today. Hopefully I can find my Christmas music so it will feel just like Christmas. It's even snowing today!

No comments: