Saturday, December 22, 2007

Imagination

It is pretty easy to see that 4 years old or around that time is when kids start to develop their imagination play. Trevor has been doing that a lot, and always has fun with it. From Nascar, to Disney Cars, you usually aren't playing the same thing twice. I remember a time when we would play, I would have to do the same thing that I did 230583 times before. Now, I rarely even get the same car that I had before to play with.

And you also know from previous posts that it is pretty cool to see that he might be starting to develop his future career. If it would happen to be a Nascar driver or maybe an actor from watching and reenacting things from the Children's Theater performances. But most recently, he has found another activity. He has always loved his kitchen playset and making food, but that has recently picked up interest again.

Last Wednesday, we were invited to Benihana for "Grandma's" birthday dinner. I'm a big fan of teppinyaki restaurants, and now that I'm over my fear of red meat, I'm good to go! Actually we had brought Trevor to the same restaurant I think two years ago or so. But of course he was a bit of a different mind frame at that time. Now, unfortunately, he isn't the best at trying new foods, so he didn't eat a lot, but he LOVED to watch the chef prepare the food and mix it all up. So that's what he did for the time he was in his seat. He would take a little of his rice, a little of his meat, and even ice chips and use his chop sticks to mix up all the food. Trying to be as creative as the chef was.

And then on Thursday, when we had spaghetti for dinner and again he wanted to mix the food all around. But it is a favorite of his, so at least he ate it too. So we'll have to remember that place again and hopefully he'll eat some food next time!

No comments: