Friday, June 13, 2008

Did I mention he likes vehicles?

I never remember what I write and I don't go over what I write after it is posted. I'd rather just write what I'm thinking at the time. So I don't remember if I wrote about how much Trevor has been into vehicles. Yes, it has a lot to do with the movie Cars, but even before then, he had a favorite large plastic red almost suburban car. So there have been a few times when he has played with friends where he has been asked to play with figures and he kind of doesn't know how to act. Or he would rather do something else like run a race (aka a nascar race) or play on a bike or something.

So I thought maybe that with Star Wars, he would enjoy some figures from the movie. We have a few. Thankfully I didn't go too crazy looking for all the figures that might have fit into the Darth Vader helmet from way back when. But I was asking Trevor about when we go to the museum (next Monday) to look at the Star Wars exhibit, if he wanted to get any more figures. He has small ones and larger ones. At first he said he wanted a Jar Jar Binks. But he was confused by what I was asking. I clarified saying that maybe he would want a Princess Leia or a Obi-Wan. But as soon as I clarified that maybe the museum would sell a few things, it became first he wanted a new speeder. Because he had had one previously. He used the windshield of his X-Wing fighter. Ok...that made sense. He wanted a replacement. But then he wanted: a Naboo fighter jet, a Y-wing, a Tie fighter, and a shuttle. And then when I asked if that was all, he said he wanted a Taun Taun. Which yes, it is an animal, but it ACTS like a vehicle because it was what Luke and Han Solo used to get around on Hoth.

So much for not thinking so much about vehicles! Thank goodness we don't really have to look for a Millenium Falcon. I picked up a kit to make one at a garage sale for $2. Trevor uses the shell of half of it as his Millenium Falcon. SWEET. One less thing to look out for. But this Monday will be pretty fun! The exhibit is getting a lot of press!

No comments: