Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The rest of last week

I was just feeling so run down. There was so much going on and not much time to do much else. Both kids were up at least 3 or 4 days before 6am which made for a very long day. And Trevor didn't nap on Thursday or Friday. I was surprised at how long that extra hour of time Trevor was at preschool last week. But pretty much every day Gwen and I had errands to run. So after she took her 15 minute nap, we'd go out and grocery shop, run to Target, or whatever.

Add to that that Gwen really decided to learn to perfect her new little tricks. She says or is trying to say a lot of new words. She can do half of "uh-oh", she can make the sounds for dada, nana (for mama), all done, and whenever we are trying to teach her a new word, her default sounds is dada. She can also push herself from her stomach to sitting, she does the army crawl when she decides she can't crawl on her hands and knees, which I saw her put at least 4 crawls together, so it's her choice if she doesn't do the hands and knees thing. And she also loves to pull or push herself up to standing. Now, I'm sure she's still a few months away from walking, (my guess is right around a year) but she would love to just push herself up to stand and stand there. She just needs my legs and she can do it. She stands up, looks all proud of herself with a big grin on her face, claps (another new trick) and then falls down to her butt. And because of her new clapping trick, she likes to be a cheerleader too. I have a feeling she'll be a great Bears cheerleader this year ;-)

So she has had a very busy week last week. It was finally nice weather, so I did take her out for a walk. I have figured out though that 3 streets of the "rectangle" that we go on for walks are not stimulating enough for her. The main street that sometimes is the first full street we walk down is the only one she is interested in. There are usually other people out walking around, and for sure we see cars. So I learned that if that is the last street, she starts to get frustrated but when I get to that street she is calmed down.

Now we are on to week 3. This is another long time for Trevor to be kept busy and while he has been waking up at 6am, I've been trying to get to bed early myself and work on the house during the time the kids are both up. Gwen can now play with toys for a few minutes so I have a short amount of time to get some things done.

Time to run!

No comments: