Sunday, June 1, 2008

One down, three to go

Yikes. I'm guessing it's going to take most of the summer to complete the "wall" project. I have to say that it looks great. Everyone did a wonderful job putting the first of 4 retaining walls replacing the old, rotten, yucky looking wood ones. I think Russ allocated two weekends where he thought it might be possible to replace all four of the walls. I suppose if we had a group of 20 people, all with the appropriate equipment came to work at 7am and didn't quit until 9pm. And were maybe the age of 18 or so.

Thankfully they had great weather when they were working. I would have loved to "supervise" the job...gotten some sun as a perk. But such is life with an almost 8 month old. If I was supposed to be supervising, I did so from the window inside the house. Gwen is in her short-nap stretch here. Although she was sleeping until 6:30. And now that I jinxed that....hopefully she'll nap a bit more some day this week.

Russ actually took out the old wall in short time on Friday. I think he too thought it would be a quick job. This wall was had the least amount of rotted lumber of all the walls. However, in order to put the rock in, you had to dig and get at the area around where the rock would go. Yikes. Plus make it level. But that one wall is now done, and on to the other three. When? Who knows. I hope he can get back into the garage soon because right now the materials are sitting on our driveway blocking his spot into the garage. And that is only half of what he thought he would need.

Trevor had a great time with all the added company and the chance to be outside in some beautiful weather. He is in his lots of sleep cycle so he is getting more sleep in total than Gwen is. I'm pretty sure I can officially say that she is not like Trevor in that she needs a lot of sleep like he did. She will always be a good night sleeper, but naps just are not her thing. I know Trevor was still taking three naps during the day until he was just over a year. She hasn't had three naps consistently for at least a month, maybe two.

We've made our Star Wars reservations for the 16th of June at 2pm. It's on the calendar, and I think Trevor is really looking forward to it, without really knowing what to expect. I'm sure he'll be talking about it for a long time.

No comments: