Friday, June 6, 2008

The week from nowhere I want to go again

OH My GOSH DARN IT ALL! I am SOOO ready for this week to be done. If this wasn't a CLEAR indication that Trevor NEEDS to be enrolled in weekly activities, you would need a sledgehammer to the head to be clued in. Even though I tried to at least get everyone out of the house each day, it just was SOOO tiring and NOTHING got done around the house this week. (Granted, that's not much of a change from a normal week).

It started a little bit last week, but because of the Memorial Weekend, and probably because he was worn out from the lake it seemed like he was ok. But we just had a TOUGH week. The weather was not good to even go on short walks. It never really got that warm unless it was raining or threatening to rain. Plus school isn't out yet so I'm kind of nervous to go up to the school playground yet.

But let me recap the activity for yesterday to give you an idea of how things have been going. I decided to go to the library to pick up some books for Trevor. He has really shown an interest in reading and trying to get some more interest in reading himself. I also thought it would be cool for him to get his own library card. We always play games where he uses our old credit cards and I figured having one of his own and even a little "responsibility" would be good. It worked out well. He signed his name on the card and seemed pretty proud. So we went over to look at books (after he thought he could find his way through the maze of books himself). He also noticed and asked questions about being quiet in the library. (for note later) So we found our way over to the children's books. Turned out that a girl from his preschool was also at the library with her mom and younger brother. So Trevor and Allie were coloring pictures while I gathered a few books to check out. Gwen was entertained by a few toys that I had out for her. Allie's younger brother was also entertained by Gwen. So we sat and played for a while. Then Allie started packing up and I took the lead. I started to walk Trevor out when Allie got upset over something her mom wanted her to do. Then all heck broke loose. Trevor wanted to see what was wrong with Allie and I tried my best to redirect him to check out his books. Then he decided that the books I got were not the ones he wanted so he tried to squirm his way back to the children's books area where he started to scream and get very loud. I warned him that if he did not stop screaming we were going to not get any books. Didn't phase him. He got louder and started crying and throwing a pretty big fit. At this, Allie stopped throwing her fit (glad to be of help!) but there was no letting up with Trevor. So I put the books I had down and had to drag Trevor out of the library. If it was possible, Trevor got even louder. So we had to leave the library without any books and had a very loud car ride home.

And that was the only time we got out of the house. That afternoon we had pretty severe storms (no tornado stuff) so his t-ball was cancelled. He has also been regularly napping for at least an hour and a half every afternoon. So it isn't sleep issues. I wonder if it is some kind of a touchpoint that Trevor is going through too. Although it might be some kind of issue he has with not having any schedule or any way to release his energy.

Then there is Gwen. I'm on my way to taking her to the doctor this afternoon just to be 100% sure she doesn't have an ear infection. I'm about 90% sure, but I know I would feel horrible if she did have one and I haven't been giving her the attention she needs to fix the ear infection. She's still on her antibiotics from the one she had a week ago, but she hasn't been sleeping well and now her appetite is down to very little. So I'm going to check to be sure. With everything she has going on in how close she is to doing a lot of new things, it's probably that instead.

**And then she woke up and we started it again. Just got back from the dr. No ear infection. Of course.

So her being up at 5am for 3 of the past 5 mornings has been rough, and she never took a nap for longer than 30 minutes in her crib. This is pretty normal, but with Trevor going a little crazy, it just makes things a bit more difficult.

But anyway, I survived and next week starts Trevor's activities. Hopefully we'll have a lot of fun stories to tell after the "camps". Although he thinks he is going camping tomorrow. Poor kid.

No comments: