Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Good guys vs. Bad guys

Trevor has watched a good part of 4 and a half Star Wars movies. He loves to play with his x-wing fighter as well as any of the characters he has found. Just about any time we are in the car, he asks questions about why Luke doesn't want to be a bad guy and why Darth Vader becomes a good guy. I had always thought that whenever he watched the movies, he would like them because of how he can "play" Star Wars.

So I was surprised his interested was locked when it came to the end of the movie The Princess Bride . I was watching it because it is one of my all-time favorite movies. So Trevor came upstairs and I had fully expected to have to change the channel or turn it off because it wouldn't keep his attention. But he started up with his "who's that?" and "What's he doing?" and "Is he a bad guy?" So when I explained the general story and pointed out the good guys and bad guys, he was VERY interested. He saw the big sword fight between Count Rugen and Inigo Montoya and wanted to "play" that afterwards. I'm trying to avoid all the violent stuff, but he seems to be unfazed by that and more questioning of the dying/death/heaven aspect of stuff.

So when we are done with the Star Wars stuff, I think we have another potential movie for him to see. I guess he is approaching the age where he doesn't have to be watching a cartoon-type movie in order to be entertained. I guess he did start liking Milo and Otis a few months ago. So maybe it has been coming for a while.

No comments: