Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Guess it is time for a change

Yesterday was pretty busy. Since Trevor was up most of the night, he was not exactly energetic during the day. When we went to the doctor's office, we were put on a longggg wait. Wait to enter our updated insurance information. Wait (for only 2 min) to get the flu shot. Wait to find Trevor's shot information. Wait to get the shot. Trying to keep Trevor off of the play equipment. Then going to the polling place. Lines longer than I had ever seen (granted I haven't seen any there before) and what really confused me is that I thought I remembered it being set up differently than last time. And that there were fewer voting booths than last time. But that doesn't sound right.
We were in and out in about 40 minutes. And of course our alphabetic line to check in was manned by an 80 year old, hard of hearing, generally confused guy. Then we had to go vote which was the long line.
After that was done, Gwen turned to mush. She was tired and hungry. I couldn't keep her awake past noon. That is odd for her. Trevor fell asleep probably as soon as his head hit the pillow at 3. I heard him coughing a little bit, but he did get a pretty good rest.
I stayed up until I found out Barack won. Call me sentimental, but I couldn't help get the chills when they called the election. Even though it had no significance to me personally when he was called the winner, or maybe it was because it has been almost 2 years of campaigning finally ending last night. But I'm really happy that so far no crazy things have happened as a result.
I got a good night's sleep. Trevor didn't wake up other than to cough before I went up to bed.
Unfortunately, it sounds like Gwen is getting the cough. And with it getting colder again (it has been close to 70 these past few days) it's going to be hard to help her kick the cold.
So the day today is going to be catching up on a few errands, hopefully kicking myself back into gear. We are heading to the lake this weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can't help thinking it's awesome that there has been such long lines all over... people taking a greater interest in public issues is always a good thing