Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Some nights can be really bad

Oy....I should be counting my lucky stars for the few times that last night has happened throughout Trevor's almost 5 years. Weird thing is, he had a fever on Wednesday night that went away while he slept. The only thing that seemed to stick around was a cough since that time. He slept a lot and wasn't full of energy or very hungry on Thursday, but he was pretty much back to normal on Friday with the exception of a runny nose. He has slept through the night without a noise every night which was confusing because most of the time on the night he gets sick he wakes up a lot. Then yesterday he started to go downhill again. A few more coughs during the day and a really long nap (for him) yesterday. 2 hours!

He got some sudafed before he went to bed so his runny nose didn't keep him unable to breathe. Gwen got her usual dose of Motrin because she has been teething up a storm. Sometimes she will wake up at night and need more motrin to go back to sleep.

So Trevor was up before 3 am complaining that he lost his voice. His coughing has now gone up to almost non-stop. So I first give him Tylenol in case he needed something to get back to sleep. An hour later he was still up coughing....So I gave him some Delsym which is supposed to stop coughs for 12 hours. I will say that with all these medications I gave him, I have talked with his doctor about them and he has ok'd all of them. But now we are at 5am....Trevor is still not asleep, still coughing, and Gwen wakes up. She gets a dose of Motrin and Trevor starts asking when he can get up for the day. UG. He gets out of bed at 6, and I ask him to stay until 6:30. So in the mean time, I try try try to get any rest because I can already feel my muscles screaming for more rest. I can't imagine how Trevor is still awake...and chipper for goodness sake.

So 6:30 comes and he heads downstairs, gets dressed and starts watching playhouse disney. Gwen starts making noise that she wants to get up. So we have to go and get shots today. I'm not sure if a cough disqualifies you from getting a chicken pox vaccination. I think I would be worried if it were something that I was worried would really knock him out like a flu shot or MMR or something. Also, he really "seems" fine other than the cough. And when Gwen went in for her shots at her year appt, she had a bad cold but it wasn't enough for her to not get shots.

On top of that, I'm planning on taking the kids to the voting place. I hope I won't get any horrible stares.

The only thing I'm thankful for today is that I'm not a big caffeine person. If I get coffee from a Starbucks or Caribou, it is always decaf. So on days like today, I don't have to drink a lot for it to have an affect on me. I just wonder how long I'm going to last tonight. I wanted to see some of the returns at least for our state. Oh well. I'd be much happier if the kids were healthy than making myself sick staying up late.

Healthy thoughts to all!

No comments: