Sunday, November 2, 2008

Well, the weekend is over

Friday was average. Trevor brought home a weekly reader talking about the presidential election. He seems to know that Barack Obana (his pronunciation) is running for president. He said he wants to be president so he can ride on Airforce One. He went out for Trick-or-Treating around the neighborhood. Came home with some loot that we added to our leftovers from all the candy I bought. On the off chance that we had a truckload of kids come to our house. We had 20 kids. Gwen enjoyed answering the door and saying her favorite phrase of, "BYEEEEEEE."

Saturday, I wasn't paying much attention to the kids because my mom was over and I was able to go outside to help with yardwork. She said the day went well. Perhaps because the weather was nice? So then we went out for dinner with Russ's dad. Again, the kids did pretty well. I think we are training them well on how to sit for a reasonable amount of time, even if we have to distract them with food or books of some kind.

But today....oh today. The fallback part of the day did not transition well for the kids. Trevor was up at 6, Gwen at 6:20. So it was a LONG time until breakfast, church, and then we went to Target. I guess I should have asked how Trevor was in his Sunday School. It was doughnut Sunday. Everyone got a doughnut, a little running around and we were off to Target. Then it all went to pot. We had too many things to buy with a discount card. Plus they are running a deal, buy two Wii games, get one free. BADDDDD idea for us. As if we need any more games. But twist my arm and I'll buy it. Trevor had to be taken out of the cart so we could fit our diapers and other stuff in it. But that is ALWAYS a bad idea because he then wants to run around. I had to chase him down the checkout aisles when we were about to leave.

We got home after lots of screaming and tears from Trevor. But I still could not get him to settle down and get him "in line" so to speak. I guess the time change must have the same effect as a full moon or something. I'm going to have to give him a week or so before he is back to his regular self. And Gwen seems to pull her freak out moments whenever she isn't being paid enough attention. So she doesn't exactly help the situation....

Now if only I could fast forward into the next week when he is well adjusted for the next few days. I need them to pull just one good day for me on Tuesday. And I need a little luck that we don't have a long line.

I should get to bed in case I don't get any sleep from the kids waking up early....

No comments: