Thursday, March 26, 2009

Girls night out

So Trevor went out for a boys night with "grandpa" and I was left with just Gwen for the evening. I have a few things left on the to-do list that doesn't mesh with out schedule. A lot of stuff opens at 10am but I'd rather just head there right after I drop Trevor off at preschool at 9am.

So we headed to Southdale Mall for dinner and needing to get a few items to complete Gwen's dress for the wedding. I could tell Gwen was happy to get out of the house. We did the stroller thing and ate at the food court. I'm really surprised at how the food court has almost gone to nothing. But we found pizza and a sandwich for me. Then we started to walk over to the store I needed to go to and saw that they had an Easter Bunny that was having pictures taken. We were actually a level above him but I pointed him out to Gwen. She thought he was a bear, but I was just hoping she wouldn't be afraid of him.

After we got out things at the store, we went down to run around a little bit. I let her out of the stroller, and we were very lucky because there was no one around the bunny. I guess Wednesday evenings, a few weeks before Easter is not a busy time. The people working the photography place were very kind. She loved to go right up to him, give him five and then run on around. At least she wasn't crying and keeping her distance. She wanted to try to climb the escalator, but I made sure to keep that off limits. After about 4 rounds or so, she finally asked the bunny to pick her up by reaching up to him. So he picked her up and then she examined him. I had to point out that she could have her picture taken now to the photographers.

They were even able to get her to smile a few shots....and in the end the night was worth it for the great shot:

1 comment:

Erika said...

Awwwwwwwwww! What a cute photo of Gwen and the bunny!! She is so precious - I can't believe how big she is getting.