Monday, March 9, 2009

Very strange weekend

I guess I could tell it was going to be different from the fact that I was a single parent for the weekend. Add to it the time change. And on top of that, we had Trevor's basketball practice/game and then Trevor sang at his preschool's church on Saturday night. Then on Sunday, I was able to attend a bridal shower.

Then on Friday I got an email from one of my mom friends that said she was free for the weekend, and would anyone be able to go to dinner and/or a movie on Saturday night. Since my mom was already coming over to watch Gwen during Trevor's singing, I thought she might be ok with watching the kids for the rest of the night.

I had not seen a movie in the theater since 2006. I think I hadn't been able to attend a bridal shower since 2006 either. (I have been invited to a few since then, but not able to attend). So I got more up to date on both of those things.

Then the time change happened on Saturday night and Sunday morning, everything was just off. The kids had been waking up at 6:00 or 6:30 for almost the whole week prior, so I thought the time change would just correct the time that they got up. Well, Trevor didn't wake up until 8:15, and I had to wake Gwen up at 8:45 to get ready to go to church. While I went to the bridal shower, the kids were being watched by Grandma, Kyrsten, Derek, Jason, and Tracy. Gwen's sleeping was so off she didn't want to take a nap all day. It didn't surprise me. But at 6:30 when we had dinner, she fell asleep after eating, and could have slept through the night. But we woke her up to give her a bath and change her into her PJs. And again this morning, I had to wake her up. Hopefully we can get a nap out of her today so we can slowly adjust to a decent schedule.

Part of her schedule being out of whack could e the fact that she really has been secretly learning her letters and numbers. We were out to dinner at TGI Friday's on Friday and I was shocked that she could identify the letters S, W, O, L, A by me asking which letters they were. I knew she could identify letters like O and M, but I'm pretty sure she knows all of them. THANK YOU word whammer. And yes, she can count to 10, backwards and forwards. I think she learned to count it backwards first because Trevor loves to count down trying to get Gwen to stop doing something. And she always loved hearing the countdown chant.

So we really had a crazy weekend. This weekend, we go to the cabin. Trevor is really looking forward to it, as it's been on his calendar since we got it for Christmas.

No comments: