Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March Madness

Seriously, I think it applies to my life this year. There are so many things going on this month, I'm sure it is going to make the month fly by. February went by pretty quick, but with all this snow on the ground, spring can't come fast enough.

We have wedding stuff to get ready for, summer programs to register for, just started basketball, last month for Sunday School, started gymnastics this month, and yesterday we had Kindergarten screening for Trevor.

This would be the time that I really should make a real to-do list because there are so many things I need to get done, but never really able to remember everything that I need to do.

But I wanted to briefly talk about Trevor's screening yesterday. If Gwen hadn't been with me, I would have been able to hear everything that was being said. As it was, I was able to hear some of it at the beginning. I heard him start counting, and he got to over 30 before she said that he could stop. I know from what she said afterwards, that he had to print his name. I heard him continue patterns like square, circle, square, circle, what comes next.... The teacher came out with him, and the first thing she asked was how long he had been reading. I got the impression that she was surprised. Although I'm sure he is not the first kid that has known how to read going into Kindergarten. She gave us a DVD with the songs that he will be learning that also teaches some reading skills. She said except for the songs, it was pretty pointless for him. That maybe it would be fun for Gwen. She also mentioned how impressed she was with his confidence level.

I had to fill out a questionnaire while he was being screened. I don't remember all of the questions, but one of them asked if my child was a leader or follower. Um....leader off the charts, I would say. If there was an option for tour guide, I would have checked that.

Russ's grandparents stopped by this week to say hi, and Trevor immediately went into his tour guide mode. There never is anything I can do about it. Thankfully it isn't hurtful or harmful to anyone because I don't know how I could get him to stop.

So at this point, I think we are all set for Kindergarten to start! 6 months from now, we'll be ready!

No comments: