Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Still feeling....ewwww

Not really feeling all that great, but I found out that if I take some kind of headache medicine, I do feel better at night. It is getting better, but I think I actually got the worst of it this time around.

So I've been trying to remember all the things that have been going on here. I guess they mostly have to do with Gwen. Ever since we have been trying to get out to go for walks in the morning, she thinks that we should do it any time she is in the garage....coming back from somewhere in the car. Even on Monday, after we got back from the grocery store and it was raining (thankfully not pouring) she ran down the driveway to start walking down the sidewalk. No worries, I had her hand while going down the driveway but she was such a determined kid. I am a little sad that she isn't in the same place as Trevor where if I give him visual boundaries, he will stay within them. I was hoping to be able to do some fun car/toy wash activities this summer, but I'm guessing it'll be spent keeping an eye on the little girl.

She has now been climbing on everything and around it all. She loves running across the couch when someone lets her up onto it. But she can also climb onto our recliner by herself. So I have to watch to make sure she doesn't tip herself off of it. If she isn't buckled into a shopping cart, she is standing on the seat within a matter of minutes. So she's really climbing now.

On the Trevor front, we had a little incident with him at preschool on Monday. I went in to pick him up and the teacher told me that, "I just wanted to let you know, that Trevor punched X in the nose today, however, X had been spitting on Trevor. We talked about it and how that was not appropriate, but wanted to let you know that it happened."

Trevor has been getting into fights with Gwen and we have talked about how hitting is not allowed, so when I talked to him about it, we talked about how what X did must have made him upset, or angry. And how if that was how he was feeling there were other things that he could do to make him feel better. He needed to tell the person that was making him angry that he was angry. He could stomp his feet on the floor. But he could never ever hit someone. Of course I then learned that he thought that it was ok to punch someone because that was what Batman did on the Lego Batman game we had for the Wii. So that game is gone for a long time.

Thankfully he has already been using the "I'm mad" phrase a few times since I talked to him. I don't necessarily think it would have resulted in hitting someone when he used it, but I'll take it as a sign he is getting that it is ok to be angry, just not ok to hit someone. Ahhh, the joys of being a parent. At least it keeps things interesting....

No comments: