Monday, March 30, 2009

The last weekend in March

It was busy, as so was every other weekend (and most of the days) in March. But nothing extraordinary happened. We had basketball on Saturday, dinner at "grandma's" on Saturday night. The last Sunday School for Trevor, then dinner at "Bubba's" on Sunday night.

I think we all have a case of cabin fever and waiting for it to be so nice we can just head outside for however long we feel like it without having to worry about how cold it is. I finally convinced Trevor to ride his bike with training wheels. Up until this point he had been riding a trike or a big wheel of some kind. But the need for speed is what drives that kid so I used it to my advantage. I told him that when he learns to ride the bike, he will be able to go much faster than he was currently going.

I was happy that he didn't have any problems getting it going, but I knew that hills were going to be tricky. But he made it all the way around without falling. And I think he did get a taste of how fast he could go comfortably. Rather than smooshed onto a bike that was too small for him.

Gwen has also enjoyed getting outside any chance she can. She always asks whenever we are in the car. She doesn't want to go inside directly from riding in the stroller. She would much rather run up and down the sidewalks.

The other thing I've noticed is that her vocabulary is pretty much complete. There really isn't anything she can't say. Although proving it is another matter. She has to want to say whatever you ask her to. I'm convinced that she can say anything due to the fact that when we were outside, I was talking to her about going back to "Trevor and Gwennie's" house and she repeated that back to me. We have always asked her about her name, but she had never really responded other than to say "baby". We've noticed she can say her version of Trevor's name for a while now, and I think that her name is some kind of "guh-guh" saying. Her other names that she loves to tell you about are all from Trevor's Star Wars calendar. She's not always in the mood to tell you who they all are, but I've noticed almost every single name from that calendar. I think her favorite one to say is Mace Windu.

These next two weeks, Trevor only has school on Monday (today). But we already have a few things planned. Hopefully things will go well. I wish we were going to have nicer weather so we could enjoy more of it outside!

No comments: