Monday, May 18, 2009

The day of the wedding

It has been many years since I have been in a wedding. I wasn't sure if I could remember how to do it ;-) I will say that compared to my own wedding day, I don't feel like it went by as fast and I got to talk to a lot more people than last time. Maybe because I didn't know more than half of the people there.

We had to get going right away since we stayed back at our place on Friday night. We drove over to Kevin and Kelsey's house to be with the other bridesmaids and get our hair done. The kids went over to my parents house with Russ to wait until we had to be there for the wedding party photos. We made it over to the church, and the kids were there shortly after. I changed into my dress and took Gwen over to the nursery that they had there. It is very similar to our own church's nursery, so there were plenty of toys and things to do. Trevor also was playing around in it beforehand.

We had family pictures after the kids had some lunch from McD's. Gwen is not very happy about having to stay in one spot. She wants to explore and walk around everywhere. So she was the one that was the least happy about the pictures. I must say though...we do make a spiffy dressed up family.

The ceremony started, and Trevor did his usual great job, he even bowed with Chloe at the altar. Gwen was asleep by the first reading. At which time she was passed back to my aunt Barb....such a savior. I cannot quite remember if we clearly told Trevor that the rings on his pillow were not really Kevin and Kelsey's rings or not, but after they exchanged rings, he wanted to remind the priest that he still had the rings and wanted to give them to him. And once that kid has an idea in his mind, it's hard to get rid of it. I have no idea what got him to stay back because he REALLY wanted to get up there.

The rest of the ceremony went very well too. Gwen began to wake up after the ceremony. My parents took the kids back to their house so Russ and I could ride the limo-bus to Pioneer Park for pictures. We actually had to deal with traffic both times going downtown. So the cooler of drinks was gone before we got to the park. It was a chilly day, but Kelsey was kind enough to get us beautiful pink shawls for the outdoor stuff. I actually had mine on most of the day.

We got to the reception and back to the big room full of guests. Trevor and Gwen ran around the big room and even up and down the streets when people were watching them. The couple had a nice slide show, and a photo booth to have a little fun with. The dance was a lot of fun as is the case when you are part of the wedding party, or know the wedding people well.

The kids went home maybe at 9:30? I wasn't completely sure of the time. But I hear they passed out at my parent's house pretty soon after they got there. We all were up at 7 to have brunch there before leaving. It was a fun fun fun day. Can't wait to see all the pictures!

No comments: