Monday, May 18, 2009

Whew....first the rehersal


Wonderful wonderful weekend we all had. I think this is going to be 3 posts. I don't have the time to sit and write a full post about the entire weekend, and I'd like to mark my spots easier....anyway...that's other stuff. On to the FUN!

Friday was Trevor's trip to Underwater Adventures for his preschool. Russ and I went out to Tartan Park to play golf with the boys. Yes, I was the only girl that was out there golfing, but that's almost always how it is. The day was a little chilly, and very windy but I was happy that it didn't rain. In fact it was still very sunny. I had put on sun block before we headed over to the course, but I think I was the only one. There were a few guys that came back very pink. Unfortunately, I played very poorly but it was a wonderful day. I love the saying that a day on the course is better than a day at work. BY FAR!

Vicky and the kids came over to pick Trevor up from school and watch the kids while we were gone for most of the day. After we returned, we had to clean ourselves up, pick up Trevor's tux and head over to the rehearsal at the church. The kids both took their naps in the car, but I think they were pretty well rested after the week being pretty normal.

The rehearsal went well, usually there isn't any big surprises. Then we went to the dinner. That's when family started appearing. It was so nice to see my grandparents that came from Florida. As is always the case, my kids do not like to stay in one place. They did enjoy to explore the church as well as the clubhouse of the golf course.

Oh, interesting tidbit....When Trevor had tried on his tux for size, he had it all on and we were asking him to walk around in it. So he did and then we asked him to move around and dance in it. I tried to dance a little bit and say that we needed to practice for the reception dancing. He said that he "didn't dance". Meanwhile, when we were at the rehearsal dinner, Trevor was breakdancing most of the evening on their dance floor. Just goes to show you that whenever he gets the idea in his head the first time, he says no way. But give him some time and he'll run with the idea as if it was his own.

Trevor was able to get the floor for a little while. I can't remember exactly what he said, but I know he was doing his tour guide routine for part of it. I had been making Kelsey a Care Bear that went along with our family of Care Bears that our mom made for us way back when. I'll have to come back and post a picture when I download the pictures.

We returned back home by 10:00. The kids were very tired, but Gwen actually made it through the entire ride home. So we gave her a bath before bed. And then we started packing for the big day..........

1 comment:

Russ said...

When Trevor made his announcements to the group he made sure that they knew that he got a yellow Care Bear just like Kelsey but he got his from Wisconsin Dells, that some people may not have been there (to the Dells) and that the shark hatched at preschool.