Friday, May 22, 2009

Not really prepared

So today is the last day of preschool. Since about a month ago, Trevor has been understanding all that is going on in May. He's been very happy about most of it. And since we visited Kindergarten, he's been excited about that too. And now that we've been counting down until the last day of preschool, he's been asking questions and really getting to the understanding that he's not going to go back to preschool ever again.

And Trevor is not too happy about that. He keeps asking why he can't go back to preschool in the fall. I think it is a bunch of things....the fact that he isn't going to have his preschool friends with him in Kindergarten except maybe one...depending on which class they get into. The fact that he loves his preschool teachers and is familiar with the whole routine. The fact that he might not remember all the things he learned about on his trip to Kindergarten.

So yes, he knows today is the last day of preschool but I wouldn't suggest asking about it a lot. I'm not sure what I'm going to have to deal with when I go to pick him up today. If Trevor can't hold it together, there is going to be no way that I can. I deal with it much better if everyone else is calm around me.

He has learned SO much the past two years. It has been so wonderful to watch him grow and socialize. It'll be another two years, but I'll be happy to send Gwen to preschool there.

No comments: