Saturday, May 30, 2009

Golfing...for Trevor

Well, we have him signed up for golfing lessons starting in two weeks. Russ took him out a few times last summer to have a little fun, and since this is our first weekend in a long time where we have some free time, I figured we should at least try to get him out at some point....and it was my turn.

So I asked him about it on Thursday and he said he would be happy to. His idea of playing involves a game of playing against other people. And of course if we are playing together, we have to play on the same team. The only thing he worried about was always being last. I saw that this year they actually put in junior tees at each hole. Some were much closer to the hole some were with the green tees. Of course I couldn't find two of them, but the others were easy to find. And Trevor enjoyed trying to find them on his own.

The kid can really hit the ball....There was more than one occasion that he hit it about 75 yards or so. Although his "form" is a little incorrect, and he needs a little reminder to wait behind the person who is hitting the ball. I was pretty proud of myself so that I got the push cart and was carrying Trevor's clubs as well. We took about 2 hours which is usual for me, but I think Russ was surprised that we took so long.

It was a fun round, and Trevor got a lot of birdies....but no eagles. He had his running commentary.....we were playing against all his friends but we were always in first. It was a very fun first round with Trevor. Hope to do it again soon, and I hope he enjoys his lessons.

No comments: