Monday, September 7, 2009

104 days of summer vacation

Have finally come to a close. Now I honestly don't know if it has been 104 days or longer, but Trevor discovered a Disney Channel show called Phineas and Ferb that he really likes. Their theme song starts off by saying, "104 days of summer vacation....." something about and then school comes along to end it. So we are on our last hours of having two kids at home before sending one off to his school experiences.

This weekend we were at the lake again. The weather was really nice, although the lake water temperature was not cooperative. I'm pretty sure I got some nice Vitamin D, and could have used more sleep, but it is always nice to spend the time with family.

Today Russ and I got to play golf with some members we know but haven't had the chance to play with before. From going to Twins games, to the State Fair, lake trips, t-ball, Children's Museum, family dinners, sleepovers, trips to various parks, playing with friends, roller skating, it was a very good summer. If only the weather would have been warmer. I was going to try to take the kids to the free waterpark in the area. But it never hit that really hot temperature that I was hoping for.

So a new adventure begins. Trevor asked me yesterday when he gets to see his preschool teacher again. I told him when Gwen goes to preschool there. It seems that he isn't too sure that he wants Gwen to have the same teacher that he did. Although by the time it happens he might have a different thought in mind.

We went to the back to school rally on Thursday and met his new teacher. He unpacked his school supplies and put them where they belonged. He met two boys that he shared SO nicely with. Although neither of them are in his class. It is as though he knew he had to turn on the charm and be on his best behavior in order to make a good first impression.

His first real day of school is Wednesday, as tomorrow I go with him to class. I wonder if he even wants me to come. I think he's really looking forward to being more independent with kids that are older than he is. He is no question ready for it. And so ends the summer vacation....next chapter to start soon.....

No comments: