Sunday, September 27, 2009

In some way's she's my girl

So when it came to choosing between vehicles or action figures, Trevor has always been a vehicle guy. He has never really been as interested in stuffed animals or action figures like Kevin and Brian were. With girls it is the same way. I liked dolls....Barbies and stuffed animals. Gwen is becoming more and more like that. There were many pictures of all of us kids playing inside suitcases with our stuffed animals. We loved to get squished inside them with all the soft toys. Trevor has a few stuffed animals, but he hasn't ever really done the "pile as many into your bed" as possible. The closest he has come was playing "washing machine" where he swirls blankets and pillows around in an effort to recreate what it would be like in a washing machine.

Gwen on the other hand, has now created a crib full of dolls and stuffed things. The more the better. She then takes about 5 books to sleep with her as well to read to these animals. It is pretty cute, but I look at her crib and don't know how she can even find room for herself. Plus with her birthday coming up, something tells me she is going to get even more dolls and such to put in her crib.

Yesterday, Gwen and I went to Edina's indoor play park where they also have a swimming pool. Gwen was a little confused that we weren't going swimming at the lake, but at least she was excited to go. I remember bringing Trevor to the same thing but the results were completely different. Gwen loved to use a dumbbell floatie to just hold on and float while I held her back or stomach up. Trevor would have wanted to kick, jump, climb, you just knew he was full of energy he wanted to get out. Gwen just loved to relax, look at bubbles that formed in the water.....oh well. I'm glad she had a great time.

Meanwhile, Trevor went to his first "memorable" movie to see, "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs." He really enjoyed it, from what I could tell. He knows the book well, so he was able to tell me all the parts where it was different from the book. I'm pretty sure we'll be back to see the Toy Story series in 3D. Probably not next weekend but soon.

It was a good time for both kids....I always feel like a good parent when I can make sure both kids are having a good time. Oh and as far as Trevor and Kindergarten, I'm pretty sure he's doing great. No news is good news, and he has always said that he is getting good comments from the teacher. Granted, for some reason this has led to a much worse listening time at home. But I'd rather have to deal with it than the teacher.

No comments: