Monday, September 21, 2009

Oh Poo

Disclaimer for those that are not parents, or have a weak stomach. This might not be for you. The week has started off great. It has been interesting already. No issues what so ever with Trevor. A little treat for Gwen before bedtime is that she gets to wear "Dora diapers". It is a pull-up style diaper instead of the traditional tape style diaper. And she has more often than not kept it dry the entire night. So in the morning, I let her wear the Dora diaper until she needs it changed. It might just be possible that she's going to be out of diapers overnight before Trevor is. But that's not something that we'll be talking to him about.

Anyway, Monday is our grocery day. So instead of walking to school, I bring the kids in the car so I can head over to the grocery store after drop-off. When the kids were getting in the car, I saw that the cat got into the garage. So I was looking for her when I opened the garage door and before I backed the car out. As a side note, I thought that Gwen needed a diaper change, but knew we didn't have the time to do it before school. As I got into the car, the kids let me know that the cat decided to come with us to school.

I dropped Trevor off, making sure the cat didn't escape, and we headed to the grocery store. When I took Gwen out of her car seat, I discovered she had gotten into her diaper and got poop on her shirt and pants. Probably wondered what it was and then wiped it off on her shirt and pants. So we washed her and my hands and I got her back into the car-cart and started the shopping. She got her usual cookie as we checked out, and when I was packing the groceries, I noticed she had poop coming out of the back of her diaper, all along her back, pants, shirt and car-cart. The only thing I could do was unpack the groceries, try as best as I could to wipe her down, as well as the cart, and get her home for a bath. All the while still making sure the cat didn't escape outside. We made it home, cat inside, Gwen bathed, and finally I was able to unload the groceries. Unfortunately, I still have to take apart the car seat and wash everything with that. But first we have to go pick up Trevor. And there is a slight chance of rain, so I can't do the walking thing again.

So what a start to the week. I suppose it would have made things a little easier if I had a change of clothes with me, but that should teach me to leave her night-time diaper on longer than an hour. It won't be long before she'll be doing the potty training thing. But hopefully I learned my lesson.

No comments: