Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Week one of two

We have two weeks until school starts, well...now we are down to one. But last week I spent trying to find things to do for the kids to keep Trevor occupied. It went ok, but he really is needing to get back into the swing of school. We have different things to do at the house, games, books, and toys but the toys are getting stale, and with the weather being nice, there are only a few days left before it's going to be too chilly to be outside too. I can already smell fall in the air.

So the kids and I and Brian all went to the Children's Museum on Thursday. At least that got some energy out. Saturday night Trevor and I went to the Twins game. The seats were great, 3 rows behind the Twin's dugout so there were plenty of balls that were thrown into the stands near us. Unfortunately we were unable to get any of them. I kept thinking that I would have to remember these seats, but then I figured it was going to be the last time we were watching a game in the metrodome. Therefore, we had to stay until the end of the game to be "blown out" the doors when they opened them at the end of the game. I remember loving that as a kid too.

I guess the chance that we will be back isn't zero due to the fact that the vikings play there too, but watching a football game isn't the same thing as a baseball game. Not nearly as fun. In my opinion. So with a fond farewell, I say goodbye to the baseball watching times at the metrodome. I can't wait to see what it's like at the outdoor stadium.

Then our other big activity was yesterday when we all went out to the state fair. While the drive and parking part of the day was the hardest for everyone, I think everyone had a great time while we were there. We saw all the animals, we rode on the skyway, rode down the big slide, twice for the kiddos, ate mini doughnuts, cheese curds, corndogs hotdogs, fries, jalepeno poppers, and a bucket of sweet martha's cookies. Then Trevor got to bounce on the big trampoline thing. Pictures will be up in a few days. I have had to reformat my computer, so I haven't reinstalled the camera software yet.

Only a few more days of summer vacation, and then it'll be time to start the school stuff. It is hard to think that I have a school-aged kid in the house. Then I open my eyes and look at him and know he's ready. And VERY willing. I know his preschool thoughts were short lived once he started telling people he was going to be going to kindergarten. I think he really feels grown up.

No comments: