Sunday, September 20, 2009

School is back in session

And with it all our activities that run during the school year. It's a big change for Trevor to go to school every day. But this week, he improved every day. The teacher didn't have to talk to me after class, which was a big win, and yet Trevor has the ability to tell us if something happened during school where he was asked to do it appropriately next time.

According to him, after Monday, he didn't get in trouble at all. But we were introduced to all the wonderful papers that get sent home with your child now that they are in school. There was sports and cub scouts registration. There was school projects and homework to do. And now, we even have a PTA fundraiser for Trevor to bring back to school in two weeks. I think I might send out an email to people just in case they want to purchase things. It seems it is time to start swapping kids fundraiser items!

We have also been trying to have a little fun on the side with the whole family. My friend Heather introduced me to Pandora which I play on the kid's computer. It's a radio-like program where you pick the songs you like and dislike and as you rate them, it suggests other songs until you have a regular playlist. Another new activity is Disney DVD Bingo. While Trevor has played the game a few times before, Gwen now really enjoys identifying all the characters during the number calling. I'm excited for her birthday in a few weeks so that I can get a few more Disney characters for her. She has really taken a liking to Tinkerbell in addition to all the Princesses.

On the school front for me...this week was my first week of classes. Of course, one of my sessions was dropped due to lack of enrollment, so I had to switch into a different class, after they had had their weekly lecture. It isn't too big of a deal, but I had to play a little catch-up, and as long as I don't get behind I'll be good. Nothing like trial by fire for your first session!

So we are still waiting for our Sunday School to start in a few weeks. After that, our activities will be in full swing. Not to mention our birthday/holiday celebrations. Here we goooo!

No comments: