Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Spring Program

Wow...they did a really good job. All of the kids. And I loved how the teachers were in front of the kids which were on a raised stage. I saw that the teachers had little flip cards that helped the kids with the words to the songs and such.

Trevor, as you could see, was trying real hard to sing strong and loud and get all the actions correct. His teacher had told me he was working really hard and doing a great job at remembering everything he had to do. After their songs, a few of the kids helped perform the story "Little Red Hen". Olivia was the little red hen and was absolutely ADORABLE. Her two lines that she repeated throughout the story were, "Who will help me?" and "Then I will". Her little voice was SO strong, and the emphasis on the words were cuter than anything I have heard in a long time. Trevor did a wonderful job as the cat, responding his "Not I" and "I will" as well as even acting when he was prancing to get the baked bread that he "smelled" during his story.

But what was the best was the commentary. I'm not sure where his need to talk with adults comes from, but he wasn't willing to let something like a performance stop that. There were a few "Bubba, look at Miss Gadbury" and "Bubba I have a present for you". He even named off "Amy, Bubba, Grandma, Grandpa, Daddy, you all are coming to my house". I don't think he ever saw me across the room video taping (for lack of a more technologically correct word) him because he never addressed me. The last thing he said was actually to extend an invitation to the whole room to come back to his house. I then got at least 5 jabs from various parents that they accepted the invitation. Oh that Trevor.

So then we watched the video taping and the poor boy was then embarrassed by what he did. I'm not sure if it is because we were laughing, or if he is a little weirded out by seeing himself on TV. I just hope he doesn't stop doing whatever it is he is doing. He is such a vibrant kid, full of energy and you never know what is going to come out of his mouth next. I can't wait to see future performances!

No comments: